Five toolmakers and manufacturing engineers, led by Günther Lindinger take the step to independence. They rented a commercial building in Traun (about 5 miles southwest of Linz) in the industrial area Ganglgutstraße and set up a mechanical manufacturing shop. The first products were machines produced in contract manufacturing. In parallel, the contract manufacturing of mold and die components had been taken on.
The TFM manufacturing know-how convinced the jury for the economic price "Pegasus 1998", organized by the editorial team for business and finance of the "OÖ Nachrichten (Upper Austrian News)" in cooperation with Raiffeisen Bank of Upper Austria. As a result, TFM - at its first participation – took one of the top positions in the category “Companies with less than 50 Employees".
Purchase of the rented building, followed by renovation of the office building.
Only four years after its founding, the young TFM team had been included in the "Top 100 Start-up Companies in Austria" by the business magazine “GEWINN”.
Third place at the Young Entrepreneur Award 2001 of the Junior Chamber of Commerce Upper Austria in the category "Innovative service providers".
Conversion and extension of the business premises to 1000 m² of production and extra office space of 200 m².
Opening of the new production facility and expansion of the machinery.
Certification according to ISO 9001.
Capacity expansion by establishing the subsidiary, TFM Slovakia s.r.o. In Sucany near Zilina. The machine equipment and production know-how are at a comparable level. Objective of the new company are in the majority businesses in Eastern Europe.
Corinna Lindinger becomes CEO.
New technology implemented - Lasertexturing